September 18, 2011

The Manila International Bookfair!


Oh how I love going to the Manila International Bookfair every year!  I always love splurging on great buys! 

This year, I bought Wicked by Gregory Maguire & the Wicked piano scorebook!  Wicked is probably my favorite Broadway musical next to Annie, and I dream of playing Elphaba one day.

I also bought a drawing book about anatomy, so I can better understand the human figure and draw better pictures of people with better proportions! 

Let us not forget Sherlock Holmes!  I really like reading about mystery, crime & detectives, so I bought Sherlock Holmes by Sir Arthur Conan Doyle.  I wonder how long it will take me to read both volumes...

In the Tahanan Books booth, I found hilarious post-its with funny grammar errors by Filipinos.  I chose 'For your FYI'.  It's so cute!  The illustrations are by Elbert Or, who actually dropped by the booth & made On The Spot drawings.  He was amazing!  I was so inspired after that!

I really can't wait for next year's bookfair! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hello there, fellow astronauts! Thank you for stopping by! You are all very amazing. Your comments and messages are all welcome here. Hope you all have a good space-trip! :-)